Lotion Bars Ingredients
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter (or a mix of all three)
- 1 cup beeswax
- Your own Organic Plantmatter Extraction mix
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Optional: 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Lotion Bars Instructions
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils if using) in a crock-pot with 1 inch of water in it.Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients occasionally until they are melted and smooth:
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils.
- Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
- Carefully pour into molds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in. I use silicone baking cups, though any mold will work.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of molds. These could be made in different shaped molds for different holiday gifts (hearts for valentines, flowers for Mother’s day, etc.) or made in a square baking pan and then cut into actual bars.
Note: This recipe can be adjusted to make any quantity that you’d like. I made with equal 1 cup measurements. The recipe I used made exactly 12 lotion bars with my molds. For a small batch, this recipe could be cut in half or even one fourth.